Monday, May 30, 2011

Hammerfest XC- Andrew, James, & Mark

I also raced Intermediate at Hammerfest yesterday and placed 3rd, although I finished several minutes behind Fraser. I liked the course a lot even with all the climbing, and had fun. Unfortunately, on the first lap I crashed near the beginning of the descent, guess I just lost focus after all the climbing. I hit some loose shale around a corner and went down. The rest of the race went pretty well, and I managed to keep the rubber side down after that. James and Mark also raced in Beginner, Mark making his debut in the mountain bike world. They both raced solidly and James took 1st, Mark 2nd. They both had a couple incidents each of bouncing off trees and the like, but nothing major. I think it's safe to say that the Trail/Eatmore team made a good showing!

Andrew G.

No comments:

Post a Comment