Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hot off the press! Emily Johnstone's race report from the Canada Cup XC at Bear Mountain:

Emilly Johnston’s race.
The Canada cup xc,
Yes. This was such an awesome race course, it had so many different sections for different riders. I got to the event on Friday; late afternoon, after I registered I went for a lap. The lap got me so stoked because even though I’d pre rode before, they had added two awesome log rolls. That night I stayed downtown, I went for dinner out at the rebar with my dad. The morning of the race was beautiful, sunny and not to hot. It was muddy. It was extremely muddy and super fun. They had an inflatable race start, it looked super pro and was super cool. My race, the under 15 ladies started at 8:30 am, other races that stared at 8:30 were the under 13, and 17 ladies, the under 13,15,17, and 19 men all categories started with a 1 minuted gap.I went hard right off the start. The race was very exciting and my category did three laps. I ended up seeing some of my fellow team mates on course and everyone looked like they were all working hard and having a great time. I really like my new cross country bike, it was the first race I’ve done on it and it was really sweet. All of the athletes parents were helping out so much. They were our pit crew, and they always were on top of making sure everyone had the option of food and water. This race was extremely hard work and awesome. I ended up finishing first, I had a awesome race and managed to win by 27 minutes. The rest of the team did great as well. Eva got second and Erik ended up with a third. Unfortunately Keiran got a flat and had to run most of a lap. I really enjoyed this race and if anyone didn’t go this year who was thinking about it I would really recommend making room for it in your schedule for next year. Thanks so much to trail bikes and all of tour sponsors...Wedler Engineering, Riverway Dental, Sew What I Sew, Eatmore Sprouts, Rob Nygren Royal Lepage, Western One, Airport Service & Ministorage. I am really glad to be on the team again this year and am really excited for the awesome season thats coming up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment