Saturday, April 30, 2016


Junkyard Dog, South Surrey, BC Cup Series, April 24, 2016 by Daryl Evans!!

I arrived the day before to pre-ride the course and I was pumped to get on the track, but it wasn't all flagged yet. My mom and I got to talking to another family there and the dad offered to take me for a lap! That was really generous and goes to show how the biking community helps each other.

This race course was awesome! I loved it! It was deceivingly easy. There was a lot of flow, minimal climbing, but it was a fast pace. And I challenged myself to keep up to those fast riders...shredding the nar! Even though it rained the night before the course wasn't that slick, there were still a few greasy sections. The weather in the morning was a perfect temperature with sun and cloud, and a slight break of rain after the noon awards. My favorite part was the quick technical rock garden! Although the course was fun and flowing, it didn't really suit my strengths as I like the challenge of a climb. Now when I mean this course had a lot of flow, it had enough flow for somebody to ride a cross bike in it and some elite riders did just that!
The Trail Bikes racers did very well. Emilly Johnson came in 1st place U15, Ian Lehton came in 7th place U15, and I came in 3rd place U15.

It was a great race and a big thank you to the sponsors:
Trail Bicycles​, Rob Nygren Royal Lepage Realtor​, Riverway Dental Inc.​, Sew What, I Sew​, Airport Service and Mini-Storage​, WesternOne​, Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd.​, Wedler Engineering LLP​ !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment