Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Team race report Mount Prevost Enduro - Stevie Smith Tribute

Trail Bicycles team race report Mount Prevost Enduro - Stevie Smith tribute 

The day started out with an awesome surprise, getting shuttled to the beginning of the first stage by Kieren`s and Carter`s dad`s – thank you. The fast boys just jumped into the trail and I looked at it and thought what am I doing here - It was a freaky start so I walked down the jump and rolled into the trail. I survived the pre-ride! 
Then there were mustaches, a moment of silence and the mass start with a screaming chain saw - then the crazy climb started. I was glad to be part of the ride but boy it was one of my hardest rides ever. My dad said it did not rain at the bottom but it was wet and cold at the top. I need to get more prepared as waiting for my turn I got so cold I could not feel my hands! 
But then there was the downhill. I need to work on that also. I told my dad I am better at cross country when I passed him after the stage 1 but I kept going. The second stage was the funnest but I bailed and bailed hard. I got back up and kept going and to my surprise I came in third for beginner men. I also got an awesome chainsaw trophy that is sitting on my bookshelf for being the youngest rider. 
I never met Stevie but have watched lots of his videos of him riding and talking, so it was cool to be part of a remembrance for him and the fundraiser to help support this awesome sport. 
Race results: Tristan Geisel 15th expert men Kieren Nilsen 6th intermediate men Hudson Webster 3rd beginner men With our good friend: Carter woods from DCC 1st intermediate men It was a hard day of racing but fun. Good job all who came out. 
Thank you to Collin Wilson - Vancouver Island Cup Series Thank you to all our sponsors: Sew What, I Sew, Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd., Rob Nygren Royal Lepage Realtor, Western One, Riverway Dental Inc., Wedler Engineering LLP, Airport Service and Mini-Storage
Hudson Webster Photo link: https://www.facebook.com/chris.webster.37604/media_set?set=a.2132561200301717.1073741859.100006435739796&type=3&pnref=story

~Hudson Webster~

No comments:

Post a Comment